My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States

I love my Grandchildren

Monday, March 10, 2008

A hard to swallow story

I can't believe it. Almost 30 days ago I was bragging about having dinner with Sir Robert Irvine, chef of Dinner Impossible, and raving about how pleasant this man is and how delicious his food tastes. Little did I know that the world of truth was chasing Sir Robert with the real story of his cooking history. Robert came clean about his connection to the royal family and he will have to suffer the consequence by losing his Food Network show. I hope the show is not canceled before the segment about the firefighters is aired.
According to an article I read, Sir Robert exaggerated his past work history and used the names of British royals to advance his career. It worked. Lucky for us the man can cook. Every recipe of his I've tried worked out exactly as the recipe states. The flavor combinations are wonderful and the dishes cook up -and look- just as advertised. Try his baked potatoes: they're tasty and pretty. Not so with recipes from other chefs on the network. I'll not name names, but from my experience, there are 2 chefs whose recipes don't come out as expected most of the time. (Watch out for those quick-minute recipes that often look like a dog's dinner when it's all slopped together.)

Bon appetit.

1 Comments:

Blogger in time out said...

...I am posting SEVEN wordless wednesday, on SATURDAY!!!....play along...can you guess. starting at 9am....every hour...♥

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home